Sewing Machinists wanted
We have a number of vacancies for Sewing Machinists at Specialised Covers. This is a great opportunity to join an established production team working on a variety of projects and we are looking to bring in both experience and new ideas to the business. What ever your experience please send your CV as training is available and the ability to learn and work hard is equally valuable to us.
Who We are.
Specialised Covers has been established for over 40 years and was started by Douglas and Carole Long in 1981. The business is still family owned and that ethos of providing the best service, advice and products manufactured in the UK is at the core of everything we do.
Our family values and can do attitude has allowed us to grow from strength to strength over the last 40 years. Offering our customers a bespoke tailoring service has made us the No 1 supplier for the leading car and caravan manufacturers like Mclaren, Bentley, Lotus, Swift and Bailey caravans. We provide excellent opportunities for candidates who demonstrate that they have the skills and motivation to contribute to the growth and success of the business.
The Role of a Sewing Machinist is to provide support and assistance to areas of the business that require production and organisational tasks to be completed as part of the wider business needs. Staff at every level in Specialised Covers are responsible for, and contribute towards, the quality and success of our business.You will join our dedicated staff and be fully involved in all aspects of providing support to our production teams.
Skills & Abilities
Your primary role is to assist in the manufacture of sewn goods, working with various fabrics to manufacture a wide variety of products.
You will have the ability to understand and react to instructions and requirements of your product leader in relation to basic sewing tasks. You will require basic numeracy, literacy and communication skills. We hope you will be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience and show that you are capable of learning to undertake the required tasks. You must be prepared to regularly change the tasks you are required to do and have a highly flexible approach to working with multiple teams.
Areas of Responsibility
- To operate Lockstitch and overlock sewing machines
- To operate eyeleting equipment and similar
- To undertake preventative maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- To adhere to good practice in relation to health & safety and working methods
- To assist in the manufacture of a wide range of fabric goods
- To assist in the organisation of materials for manufacture
- To ensure work area and environment is kept clean, tidy and organised.
- Any other tasks reasonably required by line manager.
- To understand basic patterns and construction documents
- Support the design team with creation of Technical spec sheets
You will work within our modern 32000 square foot production facilities in Shipley West Yorkshire. You will work primarily within one team in the business at a given time but this may be changed to suit operational requirements and seasonal production demand.
You will be responsible for contributing to the general tidiness and upkeep for the working areas to maintain a safe and pleasant working environment, for the benefit of everyone.
You will join our established teams who will be on hand to provide help and support as you start and learn the role. You will be able to draw on many resources to deliver the tasks required. This is a full time, Permanent role. Standard hours 39hrs per week.
• The role will require flexibility of working hours to deal with seasonal workload, there will periodically be early starts and late finishes and occasional weekend hours
• You may spend a lot of your time standing while operating machinery or sitting at a workstation or a production line.
• You’ll wear a company uniform which will be provided.
• Standard hours typically 39 per week. Half an hour for lunch and two 15min breaks AM and PM
• Holidays 20 days per year plus Bank holidays – Pro-Rata (Some to be reserved for Christmas period and Spring shut down)
Monday: 08:00 – 17:00
Tuesday: 08:00 – 17:00
Wednesday: 08:00 – 17:00
Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00
Friday: 08:00 – 13:00
Must have qualities to work within the Specialised Covers team;
• No problem approach
• Can do attitude to work and challenges
• Willingness to share and learn skills
• Positive and flexible outlook
• inclusive and kind attitude
If you think this is something you are interested in please send your CV to email@example.com we have a number of vacancies