Any questions regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, email email@example.com, call us on 01943 864 646 or alternatively write to us at Specialised Covers, Riverdale House, Dockfield Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire BD17 7AD.
What information are we collecting from you?
The personal information we collect from you may include your name, address, email address, IP address, purchased product (if a purchase has been made), and payment details.
Who is collecting your information?
Your information is collected by Specialised Covers or a secure payment gateway at point of purchase, including PayPal and Sage Pay. Specialised Covers Registered Office; Riverdale House, Dockfield Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire BD17 7AD. Company number 2237596.
How do we collect your information?
Your information may be collected in several ways:
- Your information will be collected at point of purchase; either over the telephone with our sales team who will input your details into our system, or online via our website.
- We will collect your information when you sign up for our email newsletters and company updates, via an online ‘sign up’ box, which can be found at the bottom of our website.
- When you create an online account with us, we collect your details via a website form. This is password protected using a password you create.
- We will also collect and retain your information if you have entered one of our competitions (via Specialised Covers or a third party) and have opted in for us to use your details for future offers or further product information.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Why are we collecting your information?
- In order to complete purchases, we will collect your information so we can process payment, as well as for internal record keeping.
- We will collect your information to keep you up to date with your order as it progresses. If you have created an account, you can access this to check your purchases and account details.
- Your information will also be collected if you have requested further details regarding our products and services; or if you have signed up for our email newsletters and are happy to receive information regarding our products and services. We only send information to you that is deemed relevant and of interest.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our own market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise our website or emailing’s according to your interests.
- Website Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Process a payment you have made over the phone or submitted online;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and update you on the process stage of your order;
- Deal with entries into a competition;
- Seek your reviews or comments on the services and products we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you;
- We use traffic log ‘Cookies’ to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in-order-to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Process a job application;
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
Who will it be shared with?
When making a payment online or over the telephone, we use a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. These include Sage Pay and PayPal. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
We may pass your information to our service providers, for the purposes of completing tasks, collecting product and service feedback and providing services to you on our behalf. For example, Campaign Monitor and Magento are our online digital applications that enable us to send and manage our transactional emails, updates and monthly newsletters. When we use service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure. They are not permitted to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. From time to time, we may run competitions with third party prizes. In this case, we may share the winner’s information with the prize suppliers, but this this will always be made clear and adhere to the rules set out above.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not share your personal information with third parties not detailed within this policy, unless we are required to do so by law.
Who has access to your information?
Selected Specialised Covers employees, their digital management agencies (who maintain the website and online digital applications) and service providers have access to retained information. Payment information is not retained or stored by Specialised Covers once a transaction has been completed.
How to control or update your personal data
The accuracy of your information is important. If you have created an online account, you can edit this at any time using the password you created. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential and we ask you not to share your password with anyone.You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the website when we collect your information, or via unsubscribe buttons on our newsletters. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
If you would like us to remove or change your information in any way, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01943 864 646 or write to us at Specialised Covers, Riverdale House, Dockfield Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire BD17 7AD.
Links to other websites
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.